Monday, March 17, 2014

Didn't See That Coming

We were leaving for church Sunday and as My Man was yielding to turn from our driveway he mentioned a squirrel had not made it across the highway. Followed by asking if  I had seen it lying on the road. Uh, no. Why would I?  So, not to disappoint him I looked.  Then I gave him a good laugh when I said, "Probably a male squirrel chasing a female and never saw it coming."

As weird as this sounds, it made me think how true that is in our own lives. I'm speaking of the 'didn't see it coming' not  'the male and female thing'. :)  Isn't it true that we can be  going about our day focused and getting thing accomplished and then life hits us out of nowhere? Even though we don't experience physical death we can experience having the life knocked out us. It can be emotional, mental, spiritual, or physical and often it can be a combination of all of them.

As I was mulling over something else I am working on, I heard in my spirit, "all fear is gone".  The thought stopped me in my tracks.  I knew it was from an hymn but it took me awhile to realize it was the chorus to Because He Lives.



                                                     (Chorus)
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives
Source: <a href="http://www.phonelyrics.com">Phone Lyrics</a>

I hope if you are going through one of those 'never saw that coming' season this will encourage you. Praising Him all day long......wait, isn't that another song? 


No comments:

Post a Comment